- I always start with a gessoed page.
- I grabbed my circle stencil from The Crafter’s Workshop and applied drywall compound/modeling paste through the stencil . I used a gift card to spread the paste smoothly. I dried this thoroughly.
- I then applied several colors of Liquitex Basics with my fingers. I used Naples Yellow, Light Aqua and Pthalo Green and Light Magenta. Take care to rub the color into the stenciled texture.
- Once I place the prints on the background I didn’t like the green color. I wanted it to be blue. I added Prussian Blue and metallic cobalt blue. This went much better. I used Liquitex gel medium matte to adhere the petals and flower centers on.
- I stenciled the words Live, Laugh, Love with black acrylic paint.
- I used my Stabilio All Pencil to outline all the petals. I activated the pencil with water. I also edged the page with the Stabilio All Pencil.
- Next , I outlined my letters with my white Posca Paint Pen . It really made the letters stand out.
- Lastly, in order to brighten the page I thinned gesso and dipped a fan brush in it and tapped it over the page to make splatters.
- I grabbed my Posca pen and did a _____…_________… border.
- I am still debating outlining the flower parts in white. What do you think?
- Come join the new Facebook Group- All Things Mixed Media: CreativeKady . Come post your creations and start developing some “creationships”. Karen
If you liked this post, you may like this one too: